Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My soul is unsettled

I haven't been comfortable with either presidential candidate for any of the election process. There was always some unknown something about each one of them that caused a check in my spirit.

I stopped voting straight party one issue some time ago. It's such a responsibility to vote especially as a Christian.

On the one hand you have your spiritual beliefs and on the other your personal values and convictions.

I am not pro-choice but I also believe that G*d made us creatures of free will. He created people because He wanted the give and take that isn't inherit in angelic beings.

I belief protecting the environment is part of my responsibility as a Christian to be a good steward of the Earth. But I also realize that no matter what happens G*d is in control.

I pray for our country, our leaders, our military, and our children. Especially our children who will inherit this country from us and I pray that it's still a G*d fearing country when that happens.

No comments: